Victor Moses is hoping to revive his stuttering career and establish himself as a regular starter in Chelsea’s upcoming Premier League campaign under the club’s new manager Antonio Conte.
Moses, who has started both of the London club’s pre-season games in Austria under his new boss, will hope to continue to deliver impressive performances as the side travel to the United States in preparation for the new season.
The 25-year-old Nigerian international said that his eagerness to return early to training over the summer should be commended.
Speaking to Chelsea’s official website Moses said: ”I came back to start my preseason early with the group of players who had been on loan last season – I just want to enjoy my football.
“I want the fans to be able to recognise I am doing something good for the club but at the same time I want to work hard for the team and make sure we win games.”
Moses, who will likely have the opportunity to prove himself further as his side face-off against Liverpool on Thursday, said that he is pleased to be placed in his favoured position by Conte: attacking full-backs and giving the team much needed width.
He added: “That is my position really: staying out wide and most of the time going into one v one situations which I am good at,” Moses said. It is similar to the kind of game I was playing at Wigan and I have really enjoyed the two games.
“As a winger, you want to get at defenders and make it hard for them. Instead of them going forwards, they have to defend against you.”
Moses will be especially eager to prove his worth at Stamford Bridge after being sent out on season-long loans to fellow Premier League sides Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham since joining the club in 2012.
He said: “I am lucky doing my preseason here. With a new manager I want to show my talent and that I am willing to play for the team.”