Both AC Milan and Chelsea have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, as reports claim the striker will not be leaving the German club this summer and negotiations have been called off.
The Gabon international has been linked with a move away from Dortmund before the transfer window even opened, but BVB have now decided Aubameyang is not going through the exit door any time soon.
Reports from German news outlet, Kicker have said the striker will be lining up with BVB next season as the club will no longer negotiate with any other side as their deadline for a deal has now expired.
These reports were then backed up by Sky Sports Germany who also claim Dortmund will start the season with their top goalscorer from last year – 31 goals in 31 league matches.
Sky in Germany reporting Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is going to stay at Borussia Dortmund. They say Dortmund don’t want to sell
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) July 18, 2017
It has been said that an initial deadline of the 26 July was set for an offer to be tabled for 28-year-old Aubameyang, with Chelsea and AC Milan reportedly still in the hunt for the striker whose proposed move to Paris Saint-Germain fell through earlier in the summer.
However, the deadline seems to have been moved forward following the Dortmund chief’s – Hans-Joachim Watzke – ultimatum to Aubameyang on Sunday, where he said: “There is nothing left on the table so far, we wait a few more days, but we will not wait a long time.
Kicker are reporting that Aubameyang looks set to stay at Dortmund. They are very reliable. Market is closed for him. #CFC
— Nizaar Kinsella (@NizaarKinsella) July 18, 2017
“I personally would prefer to stay with us,” he added.
A fee in the region of €70m was being mooted as the price-tag for the star forward, but further reports from Kicker revealed that the only way Dortmund would now consider allowing Aubameyang to leave is if a club tables a bid of €100m – with the player’s contract running until 2020.