• Chelsea Hoping for Alex Sandro Breakthrough in Fresh Talks But Struggles Continue With Other Targets

    News Mon 3 Jul 2017

    ​Chelsea are seemingly hopeful of taking a significant and perhaps decisive step forward in talks over Alex Sandro’s stalling record breaking move to Stamford Bridge, with further negotiations reportedly scheduled to take place on Monday.

    It had been expected that Sandro would complete a £60m to the new Premier League champions, only for rumours to later suggest that Juve are also now preparing their own offer of a new contract to keep him in Turin instead.

    Juventus v Real Madrid - UEFA Champions League Final

    Now, though, the Daily Telegraph has it that Chelsea are looking to make the all-important breakthrough. Sandro could potentially earn more than £24,000-per-week extra at Stamford Bridge than if he takes Juve’s offer said to be worth around £76,000 each week.

    With Juve chief executive Giuseppe Moratta recently describing Chelsea’s offer as ‘substantial’, it seems as though the final decision may come down to the player himself.

    It remains to be seen how the situation will be resolved, but Chelsea certainly aren’t having things all their own in the transfer market this summer, especially when it comes to defenders.

    Juventus FC v AS Roma - Serie A

    Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko is expected to be unveiled as a Chelsea player sooner rather than later, but potential deals for Antonio Rudiger, Leonardo Bonucci and the aforementioned Sandro have been far from straightforward and the paths are still littered with obstacles.

    According to the Daily Mirror, Manchester City are interested in ‘hijacking’ a £34m deal for Rudiger that has been agreed in principle. The German international was a rumoured target last summer, but City are apparently now willing to pay current club Roma more after registering their interest.

    [embedded content]

    Bonucci was another player heavily linked with Chelsea last summer that the club ultimately failed to provide Conte with. Barcelona are said to suddenly be interested in the Italian.

    There have also been no further updates for some time on a potential deal to re-sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton. The Belgian is thought to be the source of some disagreement at the club, with technical director Michael Emenalo championing Lukaku and Conte instead preferring Torino’s Andrea Belotti or the seemingly Manchester United-bound Alvaro Morata.

    Source: http://www.90min.com/posts/5220022-chelsea-hoping-for-alex-sandro-breakthrough-in-fresh-talks-but-struggles-continue-with-other-targets?utm_source=RSS


    Comments (0)

    Our Friends

    The #1 Unofficial fan site. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

    Close