Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne remains fully committed to the Italian club according to his agent amid reports linking him to Chelsea.
Insigne had been rumoured to be on the radar of the Premier League champions, particularly if current attacking star Eden Hazard were to move.
However, speaking to the Italian broadcaster, RadioKissKiss, Insigne’s representative Della Monica said: “He has always been in the sights of many clubs. The priority for Lorenzo, though, is to be wearing the Napoli shirt and be rewarded in an important way by his team.”
With the exception of loan spells, Insigne has spent all his career at Napoli, making his debut in 2009. He helped Napoli lift the Coppa Italia in 2014, scoring twice in the final against Fiorentina.
The 26 year old enjoyed a fine season in 2016/17 scoring 20 goals, including in both legs of Napoli’s last 16 Champions League to defeat to Real Madrid. Insigne has been capped 16 times by Italy and found the net during Sunday’s 5-0 win over Liechtenstein.
Chelsea were said to be targeting Insigne in the event that Real Madrid make an offer for Hazard.
The Sun report that the Spanish giants are preparing a massive £90m for the player who helped guide Chelsea to the Premier League title.
Even if Hazard remains at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea may still consider reinforcements for the Belgian, who broke his ankle recently while on international duty. It is not clear yet how much of next season Hazard will miss but he looks set to miss the first two months, which will include fixtures against Tottenham, Arsenal and Man City.
However, it appears that Insigne is settled in Naples and won’t be tempted with a move to the Premier League.
Speaking to Rai Sport after the victory over Liechtenstein, he said: “I am proud to wear the Number 10 for Italy. I realise everything I do here is thanks to the work I’m putting in for Napoli and it was my dream to stay at the club, so I’m really happy that I extended the contract.
“Over the next five years, I hope to win a few trophies.”