New Chelsea chief Antonio Conte knows the 32 year old well from his two seasons at Juventus, when Tevez scored 50 goals in 95 appearances, helping the club win the Scudetto under Conte’s management.

Tevez’ future at Boca Juniors, who he joined from Juventus in 2015, is in doubt, and Conte, growing frustrated at the delays in signing £60 million striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, was prepared to offer the ex Manchester United and City star a one year deal.

But Tevez said: “I’m fine at Boca. My intention, my dream is to finish my career as a player at this wonderful club.

“It is true, Chelsea and Napoli want me, but I repeat what I said before. My desire is to stay with Boca until I retire.”

Atletico Madrid are still putting pressure on Chelsea to sell striker Diego Costa – but the Stamford Bridge club are resisting. The arrival of Morata they insist would not mean the departure of Costa – but cheaper options are now being investigated.

Meanwhile Chelsea’s hopes of signing Napoli centre back Kalidou Koulibaly’s received a massive boost as his agent Agent Bruno Satin revealed: “We discussed a contract renewal however, we are not at the point of reaching an agreement. The desire of the player is to leave the club, not renew.

“He won’t be joining Juventus. Chelsea and Everton are still interested as they are both searching for a central defender of his quality.”

Conte has admitted there will be “no escape” for he and his squad if they fail to produce success Chelsea this season.

The Italian joined Chelsea on a three year contract with the remit to get the club back into the Champions League and challenging for the title again, after the worst season in recent history last year.

Conte, who arrived with his squad in Los Angeles for the start of their USA tour on Sunday, has been working with his Chelsea players for only ten days, but has already been putting them through some intense sessions.

He said: “As the players and manager of a great club like Chelsea, the targets are very clear – you can’t escape.

“The targets are the same – to fight to win or to fight to the end to win. It’s also important that the fans see our passion.

“I have found a great atmosphere and a great attitude . This is very, very important – we are working very hard.

“We need to transfer my idea of football and for this reason I need a bit of time. We are changing the work compared to the last seasons, in the physical and tactical aspect.”

Conte’s full squad is finally coming together after his players involved in international football over the summer arrived – notably Belgian stars Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois, who have re-joined the squad for the US tour.