Chelsea striker Diego Costa has no plans to leave Stamford Bridge and has not handed in a transfer request, according to reports.
The 27-year old has been linked with a return to Atletico Madrid in recent weeks, with Spanish media claiming the player had told new Blues boss Antonio Conte that he wants to move back to his former club.
However, Goal have published a contrasting report, which states that a source close to Costa has revealed the player is very happy at Chelsea and has no plans to leave.
Chelsea have already strengthened their attack this summer, signing Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi from Olympique Marseille for £33 million.
They have also recently signed N’Golo Kante for £30 million, luring the France international to Stamford Bridge from Premier League champions Leicester City.
However, their prolific spending doesn’t mean the end of Diego Costa’s Chelsea career, despite extensive interest from Atletico.
Reports in Spain that Diego Costa has handed in a transfer request. He hasn’t. #cfc
— Mike Keegan (@MikeKeegan_DM) July 18, 2016
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo told reporters last week, as quoted by Goal, that Costa remains a top target for the club.
“Costa played for us for a few years and he’s a really good player, no one can deny that,” he said.
“I don’t know if Costa has spoken to Conte, but we’re working to hard bring the best players to Atleti.”
Costa moved to Stamford Bridge in 2014 after scoring a staggering 27 La Liga goals for Atletico the previous season. He signed for £32 million and has gone on to 32 Premier League goals for the Blues in 54 appearances.